Total Pageviews


Saturday, February 13, 2010

Steve Powers Love Leters book signing

Last night Steve Powers had an opening and book signing at a sort of pop up gallery in Philadelphia at 1226 Chestnut Street. It's something of a replica of the sign store/hang out/headquarters for the Love Letters project in West Philly.
Photobucket

We got almost 4 feet of snow in the past week. That is really true, look it up if you don't believe me. Click here It's a coincidence he named this ICY, well I think it is, maybe not. Look at the rest of this cause this post is taking me a long time to write
Photobucket
Photobucket
I shot these photos with a Canon G-11 I'm posting this fuzzy photo because I think this camera is lousy!!! I dropped my Panasonic Lumix LX3 off a roof while documenting the Love Letters and while it still worked, I needed a replacement and and it was out of stock so I got the G-11 instead and it's just not as good. Sorry, but it's not and if the owners of Panasonic are reading this, you should sponsor me!!!
Photobucket
this is what the window looks like from inside, kinda the same but backwards.
Photobucket
Steve used to be at war with the Mural Arts back in the day and legend has it, there were many bloody battles but now everyone is friends and loverlee like. (By "legend" I mean i just made that up, sort of)
Photobucket
the view from this side
Photobucket
Rules
Photobucket
Le Josh, aka El Josh
Photobucket
These kids can't control themselves
Photobucket
Raincoats
Photobucket
Tony Smyrski and Max Lawrence of Free News and stuff. They put out the book. You should buy it cause it's really nice and it's gonna sell out really soon. No kidding. Get it now!! BUY HERE

Photobucket Steve repainted the Wheels of Soul MC sign for the Clubhouse and now he is stuck with the old one.
Photobucket
Lots of stuff to look at
Photobucket
see what I'm saying?
Photobucket
Jesse Olanday!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Entrance
Photobucket
While I like to complain about my camera, this photo is not pixelated, it's the way Steve's sweater just is in real life
Photobucket
Book signing!
Photobucket
I like all green lights! It's my biggest pet peeve, stinking red lights!!!
Photobucket
you should visit the bathroom and rest on the padded seat
Photobucket
this is what I look like when standing next to Joey Garfield. He is working on a Love Letters Movie. Yes, I said movie. Check out his work HERE!!
Photobucket
this is a dog photo break, enjoy!
Photobucket
Photobucket
It's a pretty dog
Photobucket
That is the actual coffee machine from the old shop! It really is!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This thing was cool. If I was really good at computers, I could probably hook it up so you could hear it too
Photobucket
That's Joe Boruchow's poster on the right. Check out his work
Photobucket
Paint trays
Photobucket
Photobucket
Brian Campbell from Philly Mural arts
Photobucket
Who knows where these raincoats have been before? I do, and it was in Paris!! Look it up yourself
Photobucket
Ari! can't talk about it
Photobucket
he hangs a mean pretzel. Well actually, it's not a mean pretzel, it a lovely one
Photobucket
Photobucket
I really shouldn't post this photo. The guys were talking about some REALLY shady business. I wasn't listening! I promise!!
Photobucket
I love these signs
Photobucket
vs vs
Photobucket
Photobucket
walking around after the opening
Photobucket
ran into a guy with a fresh ESPO tattoo






What's missing? cigs, that's what's missing! The Tough Shits are not smoking because Nosmo King now rules the upstairs bar at tattoo Moms



Andy from the Stalkers


end of a good night!!

No comments: